Amazon stocks a wide variety of vacuums from pretty much every main player on the market including Dyson, Shark, Hoover, Bissell, and many more.
If you’ve purchased a vacuum cleaner from Amazon but want to make a return then you may be wondering what Amazon’s return policy is and what you need to do next.
To help you there this article will cover what the returns window is, how to make a return, how long it will take to get a refund, and we’ve even prepared a handy competitor comparison for you to see how Amazon’s policy stacks up against the competition.
Keep reading to find out more…
What is Amazon’s Vacuum Cleaner Return Policy? The Short Answer
In summary, you can return a vacuum to Amazon within 30 days of receipt for a full refund or exchange. The vacuum should be in a like-new condition with all the accessories and packaging if possible.
You can return your vacuum to Amazon for all manner of reasons including:
- If it’s an unwanted gift
- If it’s defective
- If you ordered it by mistake
- If you’re underwhelmed with its performance
There are many reasons that you can provide to Amazon which are set out as follow on Amazon.com:
How to Return a Vacuum to Amazon
If you need to return your vacuum to Amazon follow these steps:
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Head to the returns and orders section in the top right of the screen
- Select return or replace items
4. Complete the drop-down menu and text box
5. Select your preferred return method
6. Print the return label and authorization and package your vacuum up
Can I return a Vacuum to Amazon for Free?
There is generally a free option for items weighing under 50 lbs so that will cover most vacuum cleaners which have an average weight of around 14-17 pounds in most cases.
What is Amazon’s No Box/Accessories Return Policy for Vacuums?
Under the strict wording of Amazon’s policy, you should return your vacuum in an “as new state” with all its boxes and accessories.
In some instances, people will have had to open the vacuum before they decided that they needed to return it, namely if it’s defective or has poor performance.
If you have any issues returning all of the packaging, we’d suggest speaking to staff at Amazon’s help center.
If you’ve lost key accessories like nozzles or battery packs then you may be deducted the difference from your refund.
Amazon Watch Returns Policy
How Long to Get a Refund from Amazon for a Vacuum?
It can take up to 14 days for Amazon to fully process your return.
This is because they need to wait for the return delivery, inspect the item and then process your return.
It can be slightly longer than this if you need to wait an extended period for your bank or credit card provider to issue the refund to your account.
Amazon CPU Returns Policy
What to Do if You’re Outside the 30-Day Returns Window for a Vacuum?
If the 30-day window has already expired then you will still have some options.
- Claiming off the warranty. Most vacuums come with at least a one-year warranty in the event they develop faults. So if your vacuum has developed a problem then be sure to check your warranty documentation. Here is a breakdown of the warranty lengths for some of the brands Amazon sells:
- Check your insurance policies for refund, defective product, or accidental damage coverage. Many policies now come with additional cover that can be used in the event your goods develop faults and even when they haven’t;
- Contact Amazon to see if they can extend the 30-day window. There may be some flexibility, especially if the 30-day window has only just lapsed.
How Does Amazon’s Vacuum Return Policy Compare to the Competition?
We’ve had a look at a few of Amazon’s competitors to see how their returns policy holds up. Let’s take a look:
In summary, Amazon’s return policy is pretty poor and is beaten by pretty much all of its main US competitors bar Kroger.
However, most people love the convenience of Amazon which may mean its poor vacuum return policy won’t be a deal breaker alone.
Amazon offers a fairly underwhelming 30 days returns window for returning vacuums but on the plus side, they provide free returns delivery in most cases, and who doesn’t love the simplicity and convenience of using the Amazon app to purchase things?
If a returns policy is a key factor in your decision as a consumer there are plenty of other options out there with Kohl’s providing the most generous policy out of the competitors we reviewed.
Remember if you’re outside the returns window, you still have options as we’ve covered above.