The famous department store, Saks, is a powerhouse when it comes to the sale of luxury fashion items.
They stock a wide variety of items from designer and luxury brands including a fantastic selection of perfumes and Cologne’s from fashion houses like:
- Tom Ford
- Tiziana Terenzi
- The Harmonist
- Vilhelm Parfumerie
- Perris Monte Carlo
- Jo Malone
- Frederic Malle and
- Estee Lauder
If you’ve purchased a fragrance from Saks but aren’t bowled over by the smell or perhaps it’s an unwanted gift, you’ll probably want to make a return.
To help you there, we’ve taken a close look at Sak’s return policy and will bring you up to speed with what their return window is, how to make a return, when to expect a refund, and much more.
Let’s dive in…
What is Saks Perfume Return Policy? The Short Answer
In short, you can return perfume or Cologne to Saks within 30 days of delivery or purchase (if purchased in-store) for a full refund or exchange. This applies universally unless the item is “final sale”, gourmet monogrammed, or personalized – such items cannot be returned.
You can return perfume to Saks for all manner of reasons such as:
- If it’s the wrong item
- An unwanted gift
- You don’t like the smell
- The fragrance is defective (broken bottle, gone bad etc…)
- You’ve changed your mind
- Duplicate orders
Pretty much any reason will do.
How to Return Fragrances to Saks?
There are 3 options when it comes to returning fragrances to Saks:
- Return the fragrance to any of Saks’ stores. Bring along the receipt, item, and any packaging/tags;
- Go to the return form or order history. (you will need your order number and billing zip or log in details). You will then be given a return label to print off which you must attach to the item and then drop off at your local FedEx drop-off point
- Use a mobile QR code. To do this, go to the return form or order history and choose to return by QR code. You can then use that code at the FedEx or participating partner location
You should note that free return delivery is only provided if you initiate your return within 14 days of delivery of your fragrance. For returns after that time, Saks charges a $9.95 fee which is deducted from your refund.
If you have any questions about your return, you can reach out to Saks at 1-877-551-SAKS (7257).
Can I Return Opened or Used Fragrances to Saks?
Saks is very clear that items returned to them must be done so in the same condition as they were received which means:
- With original packaging
- With original tags
- With a receipt
They stipulate that returns that don’t meet these criteria will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
Therefore, it seems their policy is fairly strict. However, if your fragrance is clearly defective or goes off really quickly then we’d still recommend reaching out to Saks to explain your situation.
Most retailers will happily exchange or refund goods that are received damaged or develop faults.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Refund for a Fragrance from Saks?
Saks states that it can take between 10-14 business days for them to process your return and then additional 7 days for you to receive the money in your account.
This will likely be a lot quicker if you make the return in person at one of Saks’ stores.
But using the mail-in return process, expect to wait up to 21 days until you see your money again.
What to Do Outside the 30-Day Window?
If you’re already outside the 30 days then we’d suggest the following:
- Contact Saks by email or at 1-877-551-SAKS (7257) and explain your situation. They may be able to extend the window slightly if you’ve only just missed it
- If the item is damaged or incorrect (either when you receive it or outside the 30-day window) we’d recommend reaching out to Saks. You can find out more about how they handle damaged and incorrect goods here
- Another option is to sell your fragrance. Most luxury fragrances have excellent resale value on sites like eBay, forums, or on Facebook Marketplace.
How Does Saks Fragrance Return Policy Compare to the Competition?
We’ve done a side-by-side comparison to see how Saks’ return policy measures up.
Here’s what we found:
|TJ Maxx||30 – 40 days|
|Costco||Return any time|
|Nordstrom||Return any time|
Unfortunately, Saks’ fragrance return policy of 30 days is fairly limited and restrictive and is much shorter than most other stores in the marketplace.
They also only offer free returns up to 14 days after you receive the item which is fairly frustrating in our view.
However, they do offer an excellent selection and impeccable customer care in our experience.