Puma is one of the most popular sportswear companies in the world with a whopping $10 billion annual turnover.
They produce sports apparel for pretty much every sport going including a great range of shoes for:
When it comes to footwear, Puma has earned its reputation as a brand that seamlessly blends fashion and function, captivating sneakerheads and athletes alike.
However, we all know that choosing the right pair of shoes online can be a daunting task, and sometimes, despite our best efforts, the shoes might not meet our expectations.
That’s where understanding the Puma Shoes Return Policy becomes invaluable. In this blog post, we’ll unravel everything you need to know about Puma’s return policy, ensuring that you can shop with confidence and find the perfect fit for your feet.
What is Puma’s Shoe Return Policy? The Short Answer
In short, Puma.com permits you to return shoes to them up to 45 days after purchase for a full refund. You can only return them using the online returns process covered below.
You can return them for all manner of reasons such as:
- If they are a poor fit
- If you’ve changed your mind
- Unwanted gifts
- Not happy with the aesthetics or materials
- If they’re defective
Can I Return Worn Shoes to Puma?
Puma’s policy stipulates that shoes returned to them must be in an original, unused condition.
While this probably rules out returning shoes that have clear signs of wear and tear, if you’ve only worn them once or just worn them around your home, you’ll probably be ok.
If you wear the shoes a few times and they turn out to be defective (e.g. if the sole falls off or the fabric rips) then, again, you should still be able to make a return without issue. In these circumstances we’d recommend notifying Puma when you make your return.
Can You Return Custom Made Shoes to Puma?
Unfortunately, custom made shoes are non-refundable unless they’re defective in some way.
If they are defective then initiate the returns process as per the below instructions and mention in the notes with your return what the issue is.
What is Puma’s Warranty on Shoes and Clothing?
Puma offers a 180 day warranty on all of their shoes and clothing items.
However, it’s important to note that the warranty specifically excludes “wear and tear, including wear holes, snags and worn stitching”.
You can forget about wearing your shoes repeatedly for 4 months, roughing them up and then just relying on the warranty. That’s unlikely to work.
It’s more for defects and faults that fall outside of general use. For example, if you wear them twice and the sole falls off or the leather rips.
They also expect you to maintain your shoes in proper working order (i.e. by cleaning and conditioning them).
Does Puma Accept Exchanges and Not Just Refunds?
Unfortunately, Puma doesn’t offer direct exchanges.
For products purchased from Puma.com, they ask that you initiate a return (see below) and then re-order.
If your shoes haven’t arrived, then you should cancel your order and re-order what you want.
You can also take shoes purchased from Puma.com into any of Puma’s brick-and-mortar stores to secure an exchange or refund.
How to Return Shoes to Puma
You can make a return in two ways.
You can either return them to any of Puma’s physical stores (although there’s only 109 stores in the US so you may not have one in your locality).
Or the other option is to use the online, mail-in returns process as follows:
1. Log in to your My Account.
2. Input your username and password.
3. Go to Order History and select ‘view’.
4. Select the order that contains theshoes you wish to return and click ‘Initiate Return’.
NOTE: If your item is not eligible for return, you will not be able to see the ‘Initiate Return’ button.
5. Select the shoes that you would like to return.
6. Return & Refund: Enter your return details and any additional comments. If the shoes are defective, explain the issue here.
7. Review: Review and confirm your information and select ‘Place Return’.
8. You can then click the link under ‘Click here to print your FedEx Return Label’. You will also receive an email from FedEx containing your pre-paid label if you’d prefer to print it at another time. You can also use the included QR code to drop off at one of the 3 FedEx drop off locations near you included in the email.
If you don’t have an account you can trace your order and initiate a return using this page.
Does it Cost to Return Shoes to Puma?
No, Puma doesn’t charge returns delivery. They provide a pre-paid returns label with Fed-Ex so it shouldn’t cost you a dime.
There’s no restocking fee like some stores charge.
How Long Do Refunds Take When Returning Shoes to Puma?
Puma says to allow between 7-14 days which gives them time to receive the returned shoes, to process the return and then issue you with a refund.
It can take slightly longer to see the money back in your account in some instances depending on how fast your bank or card issuer is.
Purchases made with credit card, debit card or PayPal will be credited back to the original form of payment.
What To Do Outside the 45 Day Return Window?
If the 45 day window has already elapsed, there’s still a few options:
- If the window has only just expired, we’d recommend taking the shoes to one of Puma’s stores (don’t use the online process) to see if they’re happy to extend the window slightly. There may be some discretion, especially if you have a good reasons;
- If your shoes have developed a fault outside of the 45 days which cannot be attributed to general wear and tear, then you can fall back on Puma’s warranty. They provide a 180 day warranty for defective items which runs from the date of purchase;
- Sell your shoes. Puma shoes that are in good condition have good resale value. Especially limited edition varieties or those in excellent or unused/minimally used condition.
How Puma’s Returns Policy Compares to the Competition
We’ve had a look at some other online retailers to see how their returns policies compare.
Many retailers stock Puma shoes and you can often find they provide a longer returns window than Puma.com – worth bearing in mind if you’re in the market for Puma shoes.
Here’s what we found:
|Nordstrom||Return any time|
|Rack Room||60 days|
|Costco||Return any time|
In conclusion, Puma’s 45 day returns policy on shoes is a fairly mediocre offering when it comes to returns policies in the marketplace as a whole
However, they do offer free, pre-paid returns with Fed-Ex and no restocking fee. That coupled with a 180 day warranty makes Puma a good place to source your next pair of kicks.
Remember, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with the specific details of Puma’s return policy before making a purchase, as each region or country may have slight variations. Always keep your receipts, preserve the original packaging, and adhere to the return timeframe to ensure a smooth and hassle-free process.
We hope this guide has shed light on the ins and outs of Puma’s return policy, allowing you to shop with confidence and find your perfect fit without any worries. Happy shoe shopping!”