Does McDonald’s Accept Google Pay? The Short Answer
In short, McDonald’s does take Google Pay (previously Android Pay) as a payment method in its restaurants.
It is one of many methods of payment you can use in-store.
Does the McDonald’s App Take Google Pay?
I downloaded the McDonald’s app not too long back on my Android device to see how it worked.
Unfortunately, one of the first things I noticed was that it didn’t appear to take Google Pay or Samsung Pay, although it did support Apple Pay.
Therefore, the McDonald’s app does not currently take Google Pay, which is a crying shame, especially if you love your Big Macs and using Google Pay as a payment method.
Another annoying thing is that the McDonald’s app doesn’t take PayPal either.
Whilst this was the case for me, it might still be worth checking in case Google Pay is supported on your app in your region or in case they’ve added support since this article.
Can You Use Google Pay at the McDonald’s Drive-thru?
Yes, you can use Google Pay at the McDonald’s drive-thru.
Simply make your order, proceed to the window and present your mobile device with Google Pay and you can pay the cashier as normal.
How to Set Up Google Pay to Use at McDonald’s?
Setting up Google Pay is easy to do on an Android Phone.
To set it up do the following:-
To set up Google Pay on your Android phone, follow these steps:
- Access your phone
- Proceed to find and open your Google Pay app which can be download from the Play Store.
- The middle of the screen should then say “payment method”. Click that.
- You can then add a debit or credit card of your choice
- Follow the instructions to add the payment method
- Present your mobile device to the cashier for contactless payments in the restaurant
Other Ways to Pay at McDonalds
If you don’t have Google Pay or want to pay with another payment method, there are plenty of other options at Mcdonald’s.
You can pay:
- With cash (instore and drive-thru only)
- With a debit card (instore, drive-thru and with the McDonald’s app)
- With a credit card (instore, drive-thru and with the McDonald’s app)
- With Samsung Pay (instore and drive-thru only)
- With Apple Pay (instore, drive-thru and with the McDonald’s app)
Should You Use Google Pay at McDonald’s?
Google Pay has quite a few advantages and benefits compared to more traditional payment methods including.
Advantages of Google Pay
- It’s faster
- It’s very secure as it’s accessed via a security key
- No extra charges
- Easy and convenient to use
- It’s free
Disadvantages of Google Pay
- It requires your mobile device so if you’re out of battery or don’t have it with you, you’re scuppered
- You can’t use it with the McDonald’s app
- It’s not 100% secure
- It doesn’t work with all credit cards
So, Google Pay is fairly well supported at Mcdonald’s.
Unfortunately, we couldn’t see Google Pay as an option in the McDonald’s app but it still might be worth you checking in case it’s added or in case the app in your region does have it available.
Google Pay is a fast, secure and convenient way of paying for your food.
We love it!