Amazon offers a wide range of luggage items from both designer and less-known brands at every budget point.
If you’ve ordered luggage from Amazon such as a:
- Duffel Bag
- Rucksack or a
But you’ve received the goods and you want to make a return, you’ll want to familiarize yourself with Amazon’s returns policy.
To assist you there we’ve covered what Amazon’s returns window is, how to make a return, how long it will take to get a refund and we’ve even looked at some of the competition to see how their policies compare.
Keep reading to find out…
What is Amazon’s Luggage Returns Policy? The Short Answer
You have 30 days to return luggage items like suitcases and bags to Amazon in order to secure a full refund or exchange. Make sure you return your goods with all their accessories and in “like new” condition.
There are many reasons you can put forward to return luggage to Amazon including:
- It being the wrong size or shape
- A mistaken order
- An unwanted gift
- If it’s defective
- If it’s simply no longer required
- If you’re not happy with how it looks or performs
When you go to return your luggage, you’ll be prompted to pick from a long list of reasons for your return:
How to Return Luggage to Amazon
You can return your luggage by using the simple returns process either on the app or on a desktop computer.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Head over to your Amazon account
- Click the returns and order button in the top corner on desktop (on the mobile app find your orders by clicking the little man on the bottom row of the app)
- Choose return or replace(if on mobile just click the product in your list of recent purchases)
- Choose a reason for return from the drop-down (see above for what this looks like)
- Complete the box to set out why you want to make a return
- Select your preferred return method
- Print the return label to attach to your luggage when returning
You should note that Amazon generally provides at least one free returns delivery option for packages under 50lb in weight so you shouldn’t have to pay for returns delivery.
Moreover, there is no restocking fee.
Do I Need the Packaging and Accessories?
On the strict wording of Amazon’s returns policy, you should return your luggage or bag with the original packaging and any accessories in a like new condition.
However, if you’ve misplaced some of the packaging, you should still be fine.
If you’ve lost key accessories such as padlocks, keys, or one of the luggage items (if bought as a pack) then you should contact Amazon over at their customer services page.
Amazon may deduct part of your refund if you’ve lost key parts.
How Long to Get a Refund from Amazon for Returned Luggage?
Amazon says to expect a refund within about 2-3 days of receiving the returned product.
However, you will need to add delivery times onto that and also time for your card issuer or bank to pay the money back into your account.
Therefore, allow up to 10 working days before starting to panic.
If it takes longer than that we’d suggest contacting Amazon via their customer services page.
What to Do if You’re Beyond the 30 Days
If the 30 days has already expired by the time you come to make your return then we’d suggest doing the following:
- Contact Amazon at their customer services page to say you wish to make a return beyond the 30 days. They may be able to offer some leeway if the 30 days have only just expired. If the product is defective (i.e it’s developed a fault) Amazon is usually quite good at resolving such issues even after 30 days;
- Rely on the warranty. In the case of defects, you could just go straight to the manufacturer and use the guarantee that comes with your luggage. For example, most manufacturers provide a warranty of 3-10 years
- Use your insurance policy. If you have home insurance, you may be able to make a claim against that as many insurance policies now come with refund protection, fault cover, and accidental damage cover.
- Sell your luggage. If your luggage is still in good order you could simply sell it on eBay or Facebook Marketplace.
How Does Amazon’s Returns Policy Compare to the Competition?
It’s worth looking at how the competition holds up if you’ve not yet purchased your luggage.
This might help you decide whether to buy from Amazon. Let’s take a look:
|Costco||100% satisfaction guarantee (return any time)|
It’s clear that Costco is the winner when it comes to returns policies for luggage but then you do pay a premium there because of the need to purchase a membership.
Does Rimowa Every Go On Sale?
Amazon’s luggage returns policy is fairly underwhelming with the joint shortest returns window out of the competition we looked at.
However, they have a good selection of luggage and most people will be prepared to overlook their less-than-stellar returns policy because of the convenience Amazon provides, together with free delivery and free returns in many cases.