Walmart stocks pretty much every product under the sun including a wide range of luggage items such as
- Duffel bags
- Sports bags and
If you’ve purchased any of these luggage items from Walmart but you’re thinking of making a return; perhaps because you’ve ordered by mistake, it’s an unwanted gift, or your luggage is defective, you might be wondering what their returns policy is.
To assist you there we’ve analyzed exactly what Walmart’s luggage returns window is, how to make a return, whether you need a receipt and we’ve even compiled a competitor comparison to see how Walmart’s policy measures up to the competition.
Keep reading to find out more…
What is Walmart’s Luggage Returns Policy? In Short
In short, you can return luggage to Walmart within 90 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. You can do this online or in-store as we’ve covered below.
You can return luggage to Walmart for all manner of reasons including:
- If it’s defective or faulty
- If you’re not happy with the shape, size or aesthetics etc…
- If it’s a mistaken order
- If it’s a duplicate order
- If it’s an unwanted gift
You can return used luggage within the 90-day window provided it’s still in like-new condition and hasn’t been abused or modified.
Obviously, if your luggage develops a fault through no fault of your own then this shouldn’t present a problem when returning it.
You’re only likely to encounter a problem when you attempt to return luggage with clear signs of use, misuse, or modification.
How to Return Luggage to Walmart
If you purchased luggage from Walmart.com or using the app, you can either return it in-store or use the online returns process (see below).
If you purchased your luggage in-store then you can return it in-store at the Walmart where you purchased it from or any of its other branches nationwide.
To return your luggage online, do the following:
- Log in to your Walmart Account
- Go to your purchase history
- Locate your luggage
- Choose order details
- Select start a return
- Select your item
- Give your reason for return
- Select whether you’d like an exchange or refund
- Select save
- Click continue
- Choose the method for return
- Click submit
You have a few options when returning items to Walmart including:
- Scheduling a pickup. You can choose a time and place for FedEx to pick your luggage up;
- Drop off your luggage at a FedEx location;
- Return your luggage by mail using USPS or FedEx;
- Return your luggage in-store.
Does Walmart Provide Free Returns Delivery and Do They Charge a Restocking Fee?
Yes, Walmart provides free returns using FedEx or USPS so you can rest assured you won’t have to pay a dime for return delivery.
They also don’t charge a restocking fee or handling fee.
Can I Return Luggage to Walmart Without a Receipt?
You can return luggage to Walmart without a receipt but you need to present your government-issued ID when doing so. This is to prevent fraud and repeated unauthorized returns.
If you can’t present ID then you’re only likely to receive a refund in Walmart credit/coupons to spend in-store.
If you are missing a receipt then there are still plenty of options to consider.
Firstly, check your email as an invoice will have been emailed to your email address linked to your account when you made the initial purchase, which can be used as proof of purchase.
Also, check your online orders within your Walmart account at Walmart.com or on the app. You can use this as proof of purchase.
Failing the above, you could also print off a copy of your bank or credit card statement as proof.
How Long Will my Refund Take?
Walmart states that it can take up to 10 business days to receive a refund.
However, in our experience, this is usually shortened if we return items to one of Walmart’s brick-and-mortar stores rather than using the online returns process.
Remember that processing times may vary depending on your bank or card issuer and 10 business days is only a rough guide.
I am Outside the 90-day Returns Window What Can I Do?
Even if you’re outside the 90-day returns window, you still have some options.
Let’s take a look:
- Speak to a member of Walmart’s staff to see if they can extend the window. This can sometimes work, especially if the 90-day window has only just elapsed. You can do this by contacting them over at their contact us page;
- Consider the warranty provided with the luggage. Most manufacturers provide a guarantee in case your luggage develops a fault within a specified time. Luggage warranties are varied and can be as short as a few months and as generous as life-long;
- Check your insurance policies. Many home insurance policies now come with refund protection, accidental damage cover, and even fault protection. However, beware that claiming from your policy will likely increase your premiums and there will often be a deductible to pay.
How Do Walmart’s Luggage Returns Policy Stack Up?
If you’ve not purchased your luggage yet, it might be useful to consider how Walmart’s luggage returns policy holds up against the other main players in the market.
We’ve compiled this table to bring you up to speed:
|Competition||Returns Window Length|
|Costco||100% satisfaction guarantee (return any time)|
It’s clear to see that Walmart’s 90-day window is fairly bog standard. It’s not the best (Costco’s luggage returns policy takes that crown) but it’s not the worst either.
The benefit of ordering from Walmart is they have a fairly good selection, they offer free returns and they make it really simple to return your items.
Does Rimowa Luggage Have Sales?
Walmart offers a fairly standard 90-day returns window when it comes to returning luggage.
Remember that even if you’re outside that window, there are still options as we’ve covered above.
However, if you’re the type of person who makes a lot of returns then Costco’s luggage returns policy permits you to return your luggage at any time, even if it’s well-worn, which makes it kind of hard to beat, albeit the selection they have on offer is fairly limited in our experience.