As the most popular online retailer in the world, Amazon now stocks pretty much every fashion item under the sun, including a good selection of jewelry such as:
- Watches and
If you’re thinking about buying jewelry from Amazon or already have but what to make a return; perhaps it was ordered by mistake, you’re not happy with the size or it’s defective, then it’s crucial to get quickly up to speed with their returns policy.
Like many stores, they only allow a limited timeframe to make a return so it’s important to act quickly.
To assist you, we’ll cover what their returns window is, how to make a return, when to expect a refund, and much more…
What is Amazon’s Jewelry Return Policy? In Short
In short, you must return jewelry items to Amazon within 30 days of receipt for a full refund or exchange. Amazon directs that you must ensure that jewelry items over $35 in value are returned using a tracked shipping method.
You can return jewelry to Amazon for all manner of reasons such as:
- If it doesn’t fit
- You’re not happy with the aesthetics or performance
- Duplicate orders
- Mistaken orders
- If you’ve changed your mind
- If the item is defective
You will be given a full list of reasons when you make your return but pretty much any reason will do.
Amazon Watch Return Policy
How to Return Jewelry to Amazon
There is only one authorized way of returning goods to Amazon and that is by using the online returns process.
To start your return you need to:
- Log into your Amazon account
- Go to the orders and returns section in the top right corner on desktop (on the mobile app go to your orders and click on the garment you want to return)
- Choose return and replace items (if on mobile just click the jewelry you wish to return from your orders)
- Pick an option from the drop-down menu as to why you want to return the product
- Confirm your reasons for return
- Pick the method of return
- Print the return label, package your jewelry up in the original package, and include the return label with your return
As above, it’s important that you use a trackable return method for items of jewelry worth over $35. We’d suggest contacting Amazon if you aren’t given this option using Amazon’s help center.
Does it Cost to Return Jewelry to Amazon?
Amazon generally provides at least one pre-paid option for items under 50lb in weight (which will cover all jewelry items).
They also don’t charge a restocking fee or anything of that kind.
Amazon also refunds any postage and packaging originally paid.
What About Packaging and Boxes Etc.. When Returning Jewelry to Amazon?
Amazon stipulates in its policy that jewelry must be returned with:
- Warranty cards
- Original documentation
And any jewelry missing these things may be rejected.
They also stipulate that any jewelry that’s been modified, damaged, or resized may also be rejected.
If you’re missing any packaging or accessories etc… we’d recommend reaching out to Amazon’s help center to notify them of this.
How Long to Receive a Refund from Amazon?
Amazon states to allow up to 14 days for them to receive your jewelry and then issue the refund but this can be slightly longer during busy periods.
This is because Amazon needs time to receive the goods, to check them, and then to issue your refund to your account.
You will be informed by email when your return has been processed.
What to Do After 30 days?
If the 30 days have already expired then you still have some options.
We’d recommend doing the following:
- If the 30 days have only just lapsed, reach out to Amazon using Amazon’s help center and explain your situation. They may be able to extend the return window under certain circumstances;
- If the item is defective or has developed a fault outside the 30 days, again reach out to Amazon using the help center. They are normally extremely efficient at arranging for repairs or new items to be sent to you where faults have developed;
- A third option is to sell the jewelry using websites such as Jollys Jewellers, Fox Fine Jewelry, Sotheby’s, or Worthy.
How Does Amazon’s Jewelry Return Policy Hold Up?
We’ve had a look at the market to see what returns policies other stores provide which might be useful if you intend on returning jewelry to Amazon and then buying elsewhere.
Here is what we discovered:
|Costco||Return any time|
|Nordstrom||Return any time|
Amazon provides a rather short 30-day return window in which you can return jewelry to it which is one of the worst around when compared to the competition.
However, they provide free returns and plenty of options to choose from, albeit it’s not somewhere to purchase really high-end jewelry items.