Chili’s is a casual dining restaurant serving up a great menu of Tex-Mex food.
It was founded by Larry Lavine in 1975 and has grown to have over 1600 restaurants across the USA.
If you’re planning on checking out Chili’s or you’re already there, then you might want to know which payment options will be available.
We love using electronic wallets like Apple, Google, and Samsung Pay. They are convenient, secure, and just as easy to use as most other payment methods.
But which electronic payment methods does Chili’s accept?
We looked into this for you to specifically check whether Chili’s accepts Apple Pay.
Keep reading to find out…
Does Chili’s Accept Apple Pay? The Short Answer
Yes, Chili’s does accept Apple Pay to pay for your meal. This is done via the Presto app which allows you to pay for your meal at your table after you have scanned in a QR code with your mobile device.
Does Chili’s Online Restaurant Accept Apple Pay?
We looked into this on Chili’s online menu at Chilis.com but we couldn’t find a way of using Apple Pay.
The only options that appear were credit or debit card options.
It would therefore seem that Chili’s website doesn’t currently accept Apple Pay as it stands.
Does Chili’s Kerb Side Service Accept Apple Pay?
We looked into this and it seems that the kerbside service doesn’t currently accept Apple Pay.
The kerbside service is operated by making your order through Chili’s website and that doesn’t seem to accept Apple Pay as it currently stands.
Does Chili’s App Accept Apple Pay?
We looked into this and again we couldn’t see that Chili’s app does accept Apple Pay at the time of writing this.
How to Pay With Apple Pay at Chili’s?
It seems that you need to download the Presto App which you use to scan a QR code when at your table. This then brings up the menu and options to pay, including Apple Pay.
It seems that the only place you can actually use Apple Pay, as it stands, is in the restaurant.
Other Ways of Paying at Chili’s
Chili’s has numerous options to use for payment when dining there.
These are as follows:
- Google Pay – Via the Presto app in the restaurant only
- Samsung Pay – Via the Presto app in the restaurant only
- Debit or Credit Card – In the restaurant, on the Chili’s app and online on the website
- Cash – In the restaurant only
Does Chili’s Accept Checks?
No, Chili’s doesn’t accept checks.
How to Set Up Apple Pay For Use at Chili’s
Setting up Apple Pay is fairly straight forwards. To do so, follow these instructions:
- In the Wallet App on your iOS device, locate and tap the add button
- Select Debit or Credit Card
- Then hit continue
- Follow the steps to add a new credit or debit card
- Verify with your bank or card issuer to confirm your credit or debit card is linked with your iOS device
- You can then use Apple Pay within the Presto app once you’ve scanned your table’s QR code
Should You Use Apple Pay at Chili’s?
Yes, we recommend using Apple Pay at Chili’s as a secure, fast, and convenient way to pay.
It’s just a shame that you need to use the Presto app to use Apple Pay at your table.
Unfortunately, the Presto app isn’t the fastest, nor neatest app we’ve ever come across.
Benefits of using Apple Pay include:
- You don’t have to take your credit or debit cards with you
- Apple Pay is a lot faster than other traditional methods like chip and pin or paying with cash
- Apple Pay is much more secure than other traditional payment methods like cash as it comes with encryptions and mult-factor authentication
We love using Apple Pay and we’re glad to see that Chili’s support it in their restaurants.
It would be nice if they provided support within their own app and on their website, however.
Hopefully, they will roll this out in due course.
If you don’t have Apple Pay then Chili’s has support for many different payment types through the Presto app, including the other mainstream digital wallets as well as more traditional payment options.