Looking for legitimate work from home jobs that pay $100k per year? Good!
Earning a $100k+ salary is often a dream scenario for a lot of people! It means almost complete financial freedom (within reason).
Imagine if you could earn $100k from the comfort of your own home! That would be truly awesome and life changing.
A few years ago, earning that amount of money from home either required a huge injection of capital upfront or very specialist skills and qualifications.
Then along came the internet!
Now making $100k from home isn’t actually a distant pipe dream and it’s something you can even do with minimal and even zero qualifications!
I know this is true because there are tons of example out there where people have made this dream their reality.
Better still – they’ve done it in a fairly short period of time, whereas in a normal 9-5 job it might take you your entire career to get anywhere near those figures!
So, let’s check out a few $100k work from home ideas to get your thoughts racing!
Want to make up to $300 extra each month? Check out these free websites!
Join Survey Junkie: Expect to earn on average around $10 an hour. However, their focus groups (i.e. surveys in person or over the phone) do pay on average around $75 when available and are subject to your location – I earned $300 one month with them – 5⭐ rating on TrustPilot!
Get a free Survey Junkie registration bonus when you sign up
Join SwagBucks: The second best survey company. Make money completing surveys, watching videos and playing games – up to $10 per hour – $5 bonus and tons of ways of making cash!
Join MyPoints: Again, make money completing surveys, watching videos and playing games – up to $10 per hour.
(This post contains affiliate links which means we may be compensated if you click a link and purchase or sign up to a product promoted by us- please see our disclosure policy in the footer for further details).
Start a Food Blog
Why blog about food?
The problem with blogging is that not every blogging niche makes money!
That’s for two main reasons.
Firstly, a blog topic might not have a wide enough audience!
Secondly, for certain blog topics, there’s nothing to sell to your audience or they’re not looking to spend anyway!
Food blogs do not fall into this category! They make tons of money (if done right)!
Because people love food. After all, we cannot live without it and, more importantly, it tastes amazing! Moreover, people love cooking it!
That means there’s a gigantic, humongous audience out there which makes it one of the best blogging niches to get into!
Better still – because there are literally hundreds of thousands of recipes out there, this means you can do very well on Google quite quickly without having to worry about a limited amount of ultra competitive keywords that you’ll never rank for.
Food blogs also do really well on Pinterest which means you can start getting tons of traffic to your blog very quickly!
How do I make money?
Food bloggers make their money through several different revenue streams:-
- Advertising – This is the main one! Adverts do really well on food blogs as readers are generally spending a lot of time on your page looking at the recipe and method. The longer people stay on your page, the more ad revenue you generate!
- Affiliates (this is when a person buys a product you promote on your blog and in exchange you receive a commission) – People who are in the midst of cooking often notice that their cooking utensils are substandard or worn – this presents a great opportunity to promote affiliate links for cooking utensils on your blog. Amazon’s affiliate program “Amazon Associates” is the obvious starting point!
- Selling your own products – E-books, cooking courses, training videos, recipe books, kitchen organizers – there are tons of products to make and sell as a food blogger!
What Do I Need?
Well first of all you’re going to need a website! Obviously!
If you’re serious about doing this, then use WordPress.org – forget Wix or Blogger etc.. You want a WordPress.org website!
Because WordPress has tons of themes, it’s SEO optimized (i.e. blogs on it do great with Google) and there’s tons of support out there. Yes it’s slightly more technical than other platforms but you’ll pick it up!
Do not go for WordPress.com as that is a different thing to WordPress.org – see here if you want to learn the difference.
You’ll also need somewhere for your blog to live (hosting). I would recommend BlueHost for your first year if you want something cheap and cheerful (around $3.95 per month if you pay for the year).
If you want something that’s faster but more expensive, then SiteGround hosting is better!
Once you’ve set up your food blog, you’ll want a few other bits to get started:-
- A kitchen with a good array of cooking utensils and equipment;
- A well stock larder;
- A good camera (although most smart phones can do a decent job these days);
- A passion for food and cooking.
What Can I Expect To Earn?
Whoo – the exciting part!
any form of blogging takes time!
Expect to earn zero $ for at least 6 months, if not a year!
Once you’ve built up an audience and have probably 30 – 50 blog posts, then you’ll probably start earning a few hundred to a thousands bucks a month.
Get to 100 – 200 blog posts and expect a couple of grand a month!
Get beyond 200 posts and the you could be hitting $100k.
There’s no hard and fast rules as to how quickly a blog will take off, if at all.
It takes hard work, but if you’re passionate about it then you’ve got very little to lose as blogging is a super cheap business to run!
If you want to learn more about how to set up a blog generally then checkout my 5000 word guide here which will talk you through every nuance of getting started!
Set Up an Etsy Store
What is Etsy?
Etsy is an e-commerce website which focuses on handmade, vintage and craft products covering a myriad of goods such as jewellery, bags, clothing, home décor and furniture, toys, art, as well as craft supplies and tools.
It works a little bit like Amazon where there are thousands of independent stores selling on its platform.
What Does it Cost
The great thing about Etsy is that it’s a super cheap business to start as it’s actually free to set up a store. You are simply charged to list and sell your product.
There’s a $0.20 for listing fee, 5% transaction fee, and 3 % + $0.25 payment processing fee.
Setting Up a Store
One thing I love about Etsy is that it’s super easy to set up a store.
To start opening your Etsy shop you:
- Click Sell on Etsy on Etsy.com.
- Click Open your Etsy shop.
- Select your shop language, country, and currency, then click Save and continue.
- Choose your shop name, then click Save and continue.
What to Sell?
Etsy is known traditionally for its arts and crafts goods and people do very well selling their home made products.
The 3 main categories are handmade, vintage and craft products but that covers everything from clothes, jewellery, kitchenware, to musical instruments and toys.
You don’t have to make it yourself, you can ship it in for China or any other supplier!
- JGGMetalShop – Over $100k sales per year selling hand crafted, unique metal keyrings;
- Bstamped – $100k in first year selling crafted jewellery and other items;
- Little Highbury – $100k+ selling baby head gear
Become A Freelance Writer
What Do They Do?
Freelance writers are independent writers who are often employed by people/companies who either don’t have the time to write themselves, don’t have the skills or the size of their audience requires more hands on deck.
Common types of freelance writing might be:-
Common types of freelance writing
Freelance writers write for all types of media outlets where that be:-
- Web sites
- Research articles
Obviously you’ll need to have good written English skills and the ability to write coherently and in a manner that engages people and encourages them to keep reading.
And no you don’t need an English degree or even any qualifications to be a freelance writer which makes it an awesome and legitimate work from home job opportunity.
Some freelance writers write about a wide array of topics but others niche down. If you’re an expert in a particular area or want to be, then you are probably best pursuing that path as it will avoid having to do as much research on your assigned topic.
Where To Get Gigs
To get gigs you really want to be networking which means building up a customer/client base. You could do this by offer your services a reduced rate to gain custom or even by providing free sample articles with a view to paid work later on.
Websites to obtain freelance writing jobs include:-
- Laura Pennington – $15k a month writing about SEO – see her story here
- Danny Margulies – $100k+ per year – see Danny’s blog here and his story here
What is flipping?
Flipping goods is the idea of buying goods cheap and selling them on for a profit.
You can literally flip anything where there is scope for a profit to be made!
How Do I Get Into It?
I would strongly recommend Rob and Melissa’s course “Flea Market Flipper” which takes you though how they manage to make $100k per year flipping all manner of weird and wonderful goods.
Here’s some of those items:-
- Door knob: Purchased for $8, sold for $200
- Double stroller: Purchased for $90, sold for $380
- Patio set: Purchased for $50, Sold for $2,100
- Carousel Horse: Purchased for $175, Sold for $1,299
- Old radio: Purchased $15, Sold for $200
Their course takes you through everything from how to source products, how to price them and how to run a successful and profitable flipping business.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing works by earning a commission when you promote a person’s or company’s product.
You are given an affiliate link and when someone clicks on that link and goes on to make a purchase or signs up to the service you get a commission.
How Do I Do It?
Affiliate marketing requires one very important ingredient – traffic!
Without enough people seeing the products you’re promoting you are never going to get enough clicks on your links to earn that beautiful commission.
You also need engaged traffic as not all traffic is looking to buy or sign up to the products you’re promoting.
If you want to make money with affiliate marketing then the usual methods to do it via are:-
- Through a blog (like this one);
- Through a niche website;
- Through an email list;
- On social media like Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (although that is really a search engine). See here how I made $3500 on Facebook with affiliate marketing.
I have written a full guide on how to become a proficient affiliate marketer so please check it out if you’re interested in learning more.
What to Promote
Would you be surprised how many products have an affiliate scheme!
Amazon Associates is probably the largest because it covers so many products (pretty much every product on Amazon).
Others worth looking at are:-
- Impact Radius – Another awesome affiliate network for financial bloggers and many other niches;
- ShareaSale – A network with thousands of products and services to promote. This one will cover most niches;
- Flex Offers – Another that has tons of products for all niches.
- Donnie and Abby Lawson – Just a Girl and Her Blog – $40,000 a month with most of that coming from affiliate sales
- Ryan Robinson – $40,000 – $50,000 per month – Most of that coming from the BlueHost web hosting affiliate program
- Michelle Schroeder-Gardner – Making Sense of Cents – $100,000+ per month from mainly the BlueHost web hosting affiliate program
- Pat Flynn – Smart Passive Income – $200,000 per month, 40% of which comes from affiliate marketing
- Alex and Lauren – Create & Go and Avocadu – $130,000 per month, 50% of which comes from affiliate marketing
Making $100k a year online consistently is no easy task but it is doable and you’d be surprised how little investment you need to start working your way to those figures.
So what have you got to lose?
I hope you’re now feeling inspired so let’s finish with a Warren Buffett Quote:-
The more you learn, the more you’ll earn!Warren Buffet.